Re: losing my cool

To: Chris Rife <chris.rife@vanderbilt.edu>
Subject: Re: losing my cool
From: sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 21:17:05 -0700
Hi Chris:
When I had the 1600 engine in my S4, I noticed that my block drain
didn't work either.  I rammed a piece of heavy gage wire up into the
drain pipe and cleaned out the sediment--this took a while, but I got it
to drain.  Unfortunately, I didn't think things through to their logical
conclusion--as Lou Meyers found out when he acquired my engine after I
did my transplant.  I'm kind of embarrassed about this: He told me that
there was a boatload of sediment in the block--he'd gotten it out by
pulling the freeze plugs, cleaning out the sediment and installing new
plugs.  I felt like a total doofus when he told me about this, but I
guess it's the embarassing things that stick in my mind so that I can
pass them on.  Anyway, the engine was out of the car at the time, but I
wonder if you could get at the freeze plugs when it's in the car?

Hope this helps.

Regards

David Sosna
S4 GT V6