Re: Tach problem

To: "Alpines" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tach problem
From: "Andrew Gregg" <viber@onix.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 20:05:40 -0400
Patrick,
That's the problem I'm trying to fix with my tach. As it warms up, it seems
to read double (or more) the actual rpm. I read a past posting to the list
that detailed how to open the tach and check everything out. Evidently, the
black capacitors usually come apart, and there is a round resistor that may
be cracked. There is also a POT resistor that you can adjust for some
accuracy. The tach's are notoriously inaccurate, so don't expect too much.
This is what I was told, hope it helps.
- Andrew Gregg
viber@onix.net
1964 Series IV

PS - If you can make out the specs on your black capacitor, please let me
know. Thanks.