Re: Tach problem

Subject: Re: Tach problem
From: "Sergio Dimarmo" <iwander@att.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:36:00 -0700
Please see the referenced link below for more details on recalibrating your
tach. The part number for the .22MFD (C2) is 272-1070 and the 100MFD (C3) is
272-1016. Sorry, but I lost the part number to the 6V zener diode. As I
remember, it wasn't exactly 6V....but it was something like 6.1V or 5.9V but
these are close enough. You'll have to recalibrtae the tach anyway after you
change the parts. I also found some Germanium transistors (NTE158) that may
or may not help fix your problem. According to the tech tip by Mark Olsen,
these are supposed to be the best replacements for the original transistors.
I have a few extras but they're not cheap at $2.00 ea. Let me know if you
want to buy a couple.

Here is a link to the tech tech by Mark Olsen:

http://www.corpdemo.com/tiger/techtips/motach.html