Re: Stiff Shifting; Rear Gear box seal; Weird shift fork tunnel

To: mbgardner@core.com (Michael B. Gardner)
Subject: Re: Stiff Shifting; Rear Gear box seal; Weird shift fork tunnel
From: rnanzig@webtv.net (robert nanzig)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:27:01 -0400 (EDT)
Mike,  You need to remove the tranny to get the rear seal off. I tried
to get just the tail off so I could get at the seal but the tranny has
to come with it. Not enough clearance  to just pull the tail. Even on
the work bench it was a chore to get the old seal out.
    The hard shifting might be corrected by simply lubricating the ball
at the base of the shift lever. Worked wonders for me when I thought I
had serious trouble.

Rob Nanzig
67SV