Practical Classics Cover Story

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Practical Classics Cover Story
From: "Jonathan Audette" <yamamota@sprint.ca>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 12:49:36 -0400
I was surprised to see an Alpine on the cover of the September issue of
Practical Classics on the newstand yesterday.  I don't recall anyone posting
this info, so here are the details: The issue contains a 6-page article on
the restoration of a Series I factory prototype by Mr Simon Golby of
England, who has owned the car for thirty years.  The car also has a
trophy-winning racing history, driven by Bernard Unett, and with its
modified engine has been clocked at 110 mph.  There are 8 photos documenting
the restoration, and another 7 of the car now, in its original seafoam
green.

My apologies if this is redundant to a previous post.

Jonathan Audette