Re: Harrington History Help

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Harrington History Help
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:35:08 -0800
I've been through the California DMV on retitling a car that was no longer
titled.  It's not a big deal, but I don't think you are going to get much
down here.  First, the DMV flushes its records of cars that have not been
registered for 5 years.  The car basically ceases to exist as far as they
are concerned.  When you come back and want to reregister it, aside from
filling out a bunch of forms, they want to see the car to verify it exists
and check the VIN.  They then reregister it under the same VIN.  Sounds
like Washington kills the old VIN for some reason.  Maybe you should get it
registered in CA first then move it to Washington!

So when do we see pictures?