Re: Ammeter Oddity

To: Alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ammeter Oddity
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:28:14 -0800
Thanks Rob.  Actually I have had it tested off the car at two different
places, both reporting 14.7, and my voltmeter on the car is showing 13.9
(allowing for bad English wires I'm sure).

And thanks for confirming all that stuff pulled DOWN the amps.  On my car,
when I put on the lights, it goes UP from 15 to 25 amps and really doesn't
come down.  (and again, it worked fine before, the gauge has not been
changed).

Oh, I'm SOOOO confused!

I'd like to blame the alternator.  But, it's been tested twice - and the
second guy said he'd certainly like to charge me money, but it was at 14.7
volts.  Could it be that there is another test that they did not do?

Jay