Re: General Ignorance and Lack of Knowledge

To: inter7@mail.delanet.com
Subject: Re: General Ignorance and Lack of Knowledge
From: Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu (Christopher Albers)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:35:36 -0800
inter7@mail.delanet.com writes:
>Chris- Did you replace a LU142 with the two piece LU142A? with out
>having to
>change the rotation of your distributor? Does your vacuum advance unit
>face
>toward the front and is  it approximately parallel to the engine block?

I never "replaced" my ignition.  I've always had the 142A.  My
distributor vacuum advance has always faced rearward, since before I
owned the car, and approx. parallel to the block.  I didn't change
anything when I added the Pertronix.  It dropped right in and started
right up.  Have never had a problem with it in over two years and about
6000 miles.

CNA