Re: [Re: what should I do?]

To: "Russell & Neola" <rmaddock@petrie.hotkey.net.au>,
Subject: Re: [Re: what should I do?]
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 07:34:43 -0300
Hi,

         If having two is "unbelievable", what do you say if I have three?
(pictures on my web site www.accesswave.ca/~hamilton) They are scarce and
body parts are impossible to get but mechanical stuff is available through
a few selected sources. I wish we Sunbeam Talbot owners had a "Curt" to
deal with.

Later,
Bob

At 11:51 PM 4/14/01 -0400, Jan Eyerman wrote:
>A "bit scarce", you gotta be kidding.  Having two is unbelieveable.  These are
>RARE cars.  I do not think Sunbeam sold more then 1,000 cars per year in the
>USA until the Alpine (1960 version).  Some years it was a 2 digit number.  So
>these are very, very rare cars.  If there is any way you could restore both of
>them, I would strongly recommend it. If you are thinking of selling one-sell
>it in England.  They bring big bucks (or should that be big pounds?) there.
>Even with shipping-and if they are not rusted.......wow.
>
>Jan Eyerman
>

>"Russell & Neola" <rmaddock@petrie.hotkey.net.au> wrote:
>Given that they're starting to get a bit scarce, it would be nice to see both
>restored if possible.
>
>Perhaps some of you who've been there and done it can give Art some pointers.
>Ian Hobbis, are you out there? I was going to provide a link to your website,
>but the link I have doesn't seem to work anymore.
>
>Russ Maddock

>Sunbeams hit the Gold Coast in June 2001 - www.qld.sunbeam.org.au/national

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
The Man of Many Sunbeams - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon 1953-1954
[Stable mates - 1973 Midget and 1968 M-B 280SE]
Home Page: www.accesswave.ca/~hamilton
BATANS Home Page: www.batans.ca
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca