Re: Color Code Visuals

To: Christopher & Nicola Fenech <phuket@onvol.net>,
Subject: Re: Color Code Visuals
From: "jumpin'jan" <servaij@cris.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:12:17 -0700
Christopher & Nicola Fenech wrote:

> Hi there Jan,
>
> what do you mean by "master color chips available"

Chris,
        I have a collection of Alpine colors that are reformulated using
modern, synthetic pigments (older paint formulas were based on organic
dyes, some using lead and other heavy metals). The new paint mix was
validated using original painted parts, Rootes dealer's paint chip
samples and in some cases, authentic, 30 year old English made (ICI
brand) auto paint. The new paint is sprayed on a 4.5" disk and I'm
selling each master paint chip for $15 plus shipping. If I could sell
the paint, I would, but the UPS (and other shippers) consider paint a
hazard item and shipping costs (and paper work) are way too much. The
idea here is to have my master paint chip scanned by your local body
shop supplier and let them provide all the paint materials for your
Alpine.
Look for a monthly feature on this at sunbeamalpine.org in the near
future.
Jan