HELPING OUT

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: HELPING OUT
From: "Chris Avery" <cavery@ctel.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:35:32 -0400
as most of us know, restoring cars can be taxing on the brain. so I was
wondering if anyone out there can do some digging for me. my brother bought a
1956 desoto fireflite.
he gave it to my mother last year for mothers day because she nursed his dying
wife(breast cancer)in her last few weeks of life. so yesterday my brother
Casey and I rented a u-haul car carrier and went to western new york state to
get a desoto parts car. he bought it on ebay. wasted 1000 mile trip. the
seller said the car had a little rust on the passenger side. he should have
said it had a little steel. car was completely gone. can someone get me some
email or phone numbers from junkyards that might have some connections for
older car parts. we need the rear fenders to make this car original and we
have used every source available(hemmings/the net/etc)to no avail.
now I know that you might be asking why I would ask alpiners for this help.
answer =
I have done similar things for alpiners. I will track it in new england for
you. and I will
pay a finders fee also. some where in the south or midwest there is a lonely
desoto waiting to be parted out. and we need the parts. I will remember your
name and return the favor if you have a need. he should have bought her a nice
alpine.