Oil Leaks

To: "Alpine List (E-mail)" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Leaks
From: John Stanco <JStanco@cordmeyer.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:12:20 -0400
Hi everyone,

I took my Alpine series II to a car show in Glen Cove, NY yesterday.  We had
a little bit of a problem getting there, but nothing a little electrical
tape and cardboard couldn't fix.  When I got home in the afternoon I saw an
oil trail from the street leading to a puddle under the car.  This leads me
to my question.  How many gaskets can be changed on this car without
removing the engine?  The previous owner rarely drove the car and when she
did it was short term.  I think a gasket must have given way.

Thanks,

John