Re: Fw: Camshaft

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Camshaft
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 10:07:01 EDT
Regarding camshafts, I agree wtih Brent Edinger's response about Delta Camshaft
in Tacoma.  Why spend $200 with Elgin, when Delta will offer over 20 proven
regrind profiles for Alpine or Hillman at about $50?  Delta has an inductive
lobe hardening process and they Parkerize their final products.  If you try to
use the damaged fuel pump eccentric without first having it repaired and
hardened, it will continue to disintegrate sending plenty of metal particles
into the oil.  Eventually, the fuel pump arm will wear away and/or break.  I
have seen this happen several times too.
Jim Leach  Pacific Tiger Club  Seattle