Alpine sighting

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alpine sighting
From: "Ryan Lee" <jsrlee@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 02:17:41 -0600
So I'm driving around yesterday and all of a sudden I see a red car with a
Sunbeamish front grill and peaked headlights out of the corner of my eye in
a parking lot.

I pull in, thinking it's an Alpine I haven't seen around before, or maybe a
Tiger.

False alarm, it was only a '58 Corvette. Dime a dozen.

On happier notes, my father and I rebuilt my Brake servo using the kit from
Sunbeam Specialties. The servo had about a pint of brake fluid in the drum -
part of the servo - it basically was doing nothing, which resulted in very
poor braking. I didn't think too much of it, thinking, hey, the car's almost
17 years older than me, maybe they were that bad back then.

Much to my amazement I can actually slam the brakes on, lock the tires, and
screech to a halt! It's almost as good as my mother's '98 Ford Contour with
4-wheel antilock disc  brakes.

Rebuilding that servo has got to be the best thing I've done to that car
since I got it.

Ryan Lee
Series V B395000793LRX