Re: [Re: 5-Speed Conversions]

To: Victor Hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>,
Subject: Re: [Re: 5-Speed Conversions]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 19 Jul 2001 23:19:45 EDT
The original Colts of 1971 and later in the seveties were rear wheel drive.
In fact, in 1973 (and later) in Canada, the Colt was sold as the "Cricket" so
there is kind of a Rootes connection!!!  However, if the Colt did indeed use a
two speed rear end, it would be small and light.

Jan

Victor Hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au> wrote:
Could you be thinking of the Mitsubishi Colt (an economy car if ever there
was
one) which had a 2 speed final drive arrangement.  Wasn't it a front wheel
drive job ?  If  so it would be unlikely to be easily adapted to an Alpine.
The few people I know who had one used low range most of the time and just
shifted in and out of high range in top gear.

Vic