Re: 14" wheels

To: "INTERNET:bmounce@bellatlantic.net" <bmounce@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: 14" wheels
From: Tom Yang <TYang@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:36:30 -0400
Hi Bill,

The rear drums on the Series V does not have a flat space across the bolt
surface, so unless the wheels you use mate perfectly to this space, other
wheels will not fit right. You may be able to tighten them down, but this
space will eventually work the lug nuts loose from the studs. I bought my
spacers from Classic Sunbeam, or Sunbeam Specialties years ago. I'm sure
there is some affect on the bearings, but it's probably negligible, IMHO.

Tom

Message text written by INTERNET:bmounce@bellatlantic.net
>Thanks Tom.  Did you have to space them out, or was it optional?  Does
spacing
affect the load on the bearing?  Finally, do you make the spacers or buy
them
(yes, I'm new at this!).  Regards, Bill<