14" wheels

To: Alpine Discussion List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: 14" wheels
From: Tom Yang <TYang@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:47:26 -0400
Hi Bill,

I have 14 inch Minilites with 205 60 14s. Although they stick a little
further out in the front of my series V because of the wider track, the
tires aren't affected by potholes, even while driving around the NYC area!
A 60 series tire still has plenty of rubber between it and the rim. I'd
imagine if I went with 195s the front tires would look better. I do have
the aluminum spacers mounted on the rear wheels.

Tom

Message text written by INTERNET:bmounce@impop.bellatlantic.net
>Fello 'Pinies:  I read with interest the note from the list participant
who is using 14" Panasports successfully.  I live in Pennsylvania, home
of the Liberty Bell, hard working Amish people and pot holes the size of
B-52 bomb craters.  Suffice to say, 14" wheel interest me.

What are the pros and cons of this change?  I assume I lose a little bit
of speed/gain a touch of high end, and need to recal my speedo.  What
else should I know?

All thoughts appreciated, Bill<