Re: 400each 2.6 V6s on Ebay

To: Alexander Adan <adadan@sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: 400each 2.6 V6s on Ebay
From: Jarrid Gross <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 20:44:26 -0700
Carefull on the magic german V6 engines.

Parts are absolutely NOT available in the US, and
some parts like the exhaust manifolds, which you will
need, are not the same as the larger (2.8) V6, and
might be tough to find as well.

Transmisions COULD also be of concern becuase
ford was fond of changing the locations of the starter,
making otherwise compatible transmisions dependant
upon a particular bellhousing, input shaft length, and
consequently a specific transmision.
Case in point is that the german V6 in US Capris
used an external shifter version of the pinto single
rail transmision due to the fact that the pinto engine
and bellhousing used a ford starter, and the german
mercury engine used a bosch starter on the opposite
side of the engine.

I think these engines would be a steal at $250
considering that they are new, just be aware of the
true cost of ownership once you get them.

Jarrid Gross