Re: 400each 2.6 V6s on Ebay

To: "Victor Hughes" <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Subject: Re: 400each 2.6 V6s on Ebay
From: "Miranda Pardon" <mirandclyde@bigpond.com.au>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 23:14:18 +1000
Victor - lots of talk on the Alpine list about Ford V6 motors, so I will
stick my neck out and ask a question here that I have had little success
with elsewhere, including the addresses below.

I have an (apparently) Essex 3.0 V6 in a Series 4 in Brisbane (old
conversion by Mal Clarke, goes well).  I can only find one number on the
block, and it doesn't seem to match up with anything valid.  The number is
behind the right head, stamped on a sloping smooth service of the block
casting.  The number is JE 1772B.  Can you help?  Even Ford in Brisbane
can't help, and the one guy I know of in town who is into Capris is not
currently contactable..

Cheers, and thanks in advance for any help.

Clyde.