RE: RRX

To: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Subject: RE: RRX
From: schristie@mail.usfli.com
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:55:19 -0400
The Rootes Overseas Delivery program allowed you to order your car, built
to your specs, and pick it up at any number of Rootes locations throughout
Europe. Part of the allure was a special all-inclusive "package" price. For
example,  you pick up your brand new Sunbeam Alpine at the Rootes dealer in
Geneva, Switzerland, drive throughout the Alps, stay at the finest hotels,
etc. When your holiday is finished you return your car to the dealer in
Switzerland who has arranged to have your car shipped back to your home.
Hassle free, and your car is waiting in your driveway when you get back -
not bad!

I'd have to look through my materials to see if this was offered on other
continents.

Scott Christie

                    "Ian Spencer"

                    <SpenceIC@Healthal        To:     <alpines@autox.team.net>,

                    l.com>                    <russell@pbirwin.com.au>

                    Sent by:                  cc:

                    owner-alpines@auto        Subject:     RE: RRX

                    x.team.net

                    08/20/01 11:44 AM

                    Please respond to

                    "Ian Spencer"

Could be something like that. I hadn't thought about the overseas delivery
program. Scott Christie has the Rootes paperwork on that. I'll have to read
it and see what it says. I would think that you would get a car that was
destined to your country of origin though. EG: An American participating in
the program would get a LRX car. We have plenty of RRO cars on the registry
to date, but no RRX. Maybe it should have been a RRO and not RRX?...
Mistakes have been known to happen on data tags.

Ian Spencer
Client Services
University Hospital
Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
(513) 584-0365

>>> Russell Maddock <russell@pbirwin.com.au> 08/20/01 12:49AM >>>
Just a thought, but could it be an order through Rootes' overseas delivery
scheme? I'm not entirely certain how the scheme worked, but I believe a car
could be ordered specially for delivery anywhere in the world.

If a car was to special order rather than for delivery to the usual
overseas
concessionaire, they may have used the `X' in the code.

Russ