Re: Relief Valves

To: JGross@econolite.com, wiencek@anl.gov, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Relief Valves
From: SloMoIV@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 23:58:51 EDT
I thought I'd read that Rootes went back to the earlier (pre-Series V) valve
after problems developed with the early Series V valve sticking open.

I haven't noticed any change in thread location on Series V oil filter
plates. On the Hunter/Arrow Range cars, the threads did switch ends.  The
later valve is also much wider.
Sunbeam Specialties sells these later units (valve and plate) new - I bought
one several years (about 100,000 miles) ago and haven't a problem since.

Dick Sanders
Seattle

In a message dated 8/20/01 3:22:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,