Re: Monterey Historics, no real Alpine content

To: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Monterey Historics, no real Alpine content
From: "" <davidkellogg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:28:49
Hello Jay,

  When I was crewing at the Historics in 1998 (with the 1933 Shafer Buick
Indianapolis Special) the paddocks were definitely open to the public.  That
was one of the great benefits of the price of admission for ticket holders.

  There were, in fact, quite a few more people in the paddock than ever were
seen in the stands.  And just as you suggested, the visit to the Pebble
Beach Concours was --at least for me-- unforgettable.

  What car were you bidding on?  Did you see Sid Silverman's Le Mans Tiger
at auction?

  Cheers,
  David Kellogg