2.0 L Alpine engine/Racing Information

To: <michealbroome@compuserve.com>, Message Alpine
Subject: 2.0 L Alpine engine/Racing Information
From: Thomas Wiencek <wiencek@anl.gov>
Date: 27 Mar 2002 09:05:19 -0600
The latest isue of the SAOC Alpine horn has a letter from Mike Broome.  He has
had a special head developed with such good flow that it uses 45DCOE's!!  He
claims 120 bhp at the wheels at 6000 rpm for a 1725 bored 0.040 in over.  He
also mentioned building a 2.0 L engine.  (Maybe he rounded up 1965 cc ?) I am
sending a copy of this message to him and you can reach him for more details at
michealbroome@compuserve.com
Mr. Broom - It would be great if you wrote an article with pictures about your
engine developments for the SAOC.  I am sure many people are interested in more
HP from their Alpines.