Clutch problem

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch problem
From: tstiffy@pulsenet.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 8:31:50 EST
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
Thanks to everyone that responded to my cries of help. I checked the
clutch master and slave units after bleeding the system a second time. I
had my son push the clutch pedal all the way in while I observed the
travel of the slave cylinder and fork from below. The fork travels the
entire stroke until at the very end I can see the fork arm touch metal to
metal against the base.

Here is what I think I know.

I'm 99% sure that I installed the clutch disk correctly. I compared the
new disk with the one I removed and marked it in white chalk which side
was the flywheel side.

I checked the new pressure plate against the one I removed. Looked
identical. I inspect the assembly for shipping tabs. None were found. At
least the pressure plate can't be put in backwards.

That leaves me with the release bearing and fork assembly. It might be
possible that the release bearing rotated while I was wrestling it into
place. I did take the fork assembly completely apart to clean it. Could I
have the base turned around?

With what I said about the slave cylinder and travel, am I doomed to
start all over?

Tim
S1 Alpine

This message powered by PulseNET's PulseMAIL. -- http://www.PulseNET.com