Rough Running

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rough Running
From: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 10:31:43 -0500
Runing problem with the S5. We have had off and on problems while
driving the car. It will idle fine, and will drive for 5-10 minutes
fine, then it will begin to spudder, backfire, and not allow the
engine/tach to run any faster than 2500-3000 while trying to accelerate.
We have replaced the fuel pump, coil, have clean fuel and gas tanks, and
am now focusing on the twin 150cd carbs. Does this sound like a diaphram
problem, float problem, we are at a loss for any more guesses. It sounds
as if it is running on three cylinders or has a rev limiter on it. We
also added a Pertronix Ignitor and new spark plug wires, but the problem
existed prior to these additions. Any ideas appreciated. Brent