Starting hot engine

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starting hot engine
From: "Patrick" <patrickh@datacomm.ch>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 22:18:57 +0200
hi folks

driving my s2 is fun. it runs smoothly and gives me much joy. but there
is that only little thing which drives me crazy... restarting the hot
engine.

while the engine is cold, turning the key, the starter turns twice and
the engine starts (with choke)

while the engine is hot, it won't start agian. turning the key makes the
starter turn several times, but the engine doesn't start. i tried
different things like with or w/o choke, pushing the gaspedal or not.
everything. sometimes it sounds like the battery is down, but it's a
brand new one.

while starting the engine the gearshift is in neutral position and i
don't push the clutch.

any ideas or hints appreciated.

patrick