Re: S III Alpine

To: wbmcleod@theriver.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: S III Alpine
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:18:24 EDT
The price of the Alpines seems to be in the eyes of the buyer.  I paid
2400.00 for mine (series 3 GT) and it was in the same shape as you discribe.
I thought I could restore it for around $9000.00 but that truned out to be a
dream.  But then again, I didn't need to do some of the fancy stuff I have
done.
'Rust Free" is worth alot!  Think about the cost of putting in new rockers
and / or floors and an extra 1000 - 1500 seems well worth it.  I truly think
a car that is rust free, complete and original is well worth up to $3000.00,
even $3500.00.  Little things can make a big difference in price like usable
chrome and glass.

Good luck.
Paul