Re: Vintage Racing

To: <RSWiser@aol.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vintage Racing
From: <carlynneracing@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 13:37:10 -0800
Subject: Vintage Racing

Rob,
Decide what organization you want to race with and obtain their specific
rules. Generally speaking, the 1967 SCCA General Competition Rulebook is the
guide to preparing "period correct". Some organizations will allow changing
to dual Weber carbs, others will require OEM carbs, and so on.

More importantly, decide how competitive you want to be. You can have just
as much fun basically stock and being a "rolling roadblock" as you can have
with an ultra $$$$$ prepared car. Regardless of your performance (AND
DRIVING) capabilities, you will find someone who is as compatible
performance wise as you are. Then it won't matter how fast your car is cause
you'll have someone to dice with!

> I have never been to one of the vintage races, but lately I have been
> thinking about building a vintage racer.
> My question is how original does the car have to be?
    No flared fenders and no body modifications.

> Can a Series V engine be used in a Series I car?
    I use a series 5 engine in my series 1 car. The 5 main bearing crank
will far outlive the 3 main crank engine.
> Can a V6 be used?
    NO
Carl McLelland,
    HSR-West/CSRG #247    series 1 Alpine