Re: Le Mans 1961

To: "Bob Berghult" <alpinebob@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Le Mans 1961
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:45:05 -0700
Know what? Even though I am in the Marines and pretty much hate green and
everything green, I love that Seacrest Green! I would use it myself if it
wasn't predetermined for me. And isn't it refreshing to see classic cars
that are not Ferrari red? I think that Rootes really made a statement with
that color and we all recognize it to this day. If someone held a .45 to my
head and said "Take this Harrington Alpine and drive it!" I would take the
car and drive it to every event. Who wouldn't? In addition, Glen Green, the
series 1 only color of green at the time looks damn good also. Very accurate
for the period and refreshingly rare. Considering that Sunbeam was hurting
for money, they offered some unique paint schemes. That is why people still
drive these cars, 40 some years old. Lou