think you know Rootes?

To: Alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: think you know Rootes?
From: Jerome Yuzyk <jerome@supernet.ab.ca>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 18:46:53 -0700
Well, up here it's so cold that you have to yell when you're outside or
your voice freezes in the air before it gets to the other person. Really!

Fortunately, we have an excellent Internet infrastructure up here so those
of us not watching curling, or curling up somehow, get to spend many
mis-directed hours surfing the 'Net, and on my last outing I came across
an old Rootes Group Trivia program written by Russell Maddock down where
it's MUCH warmer. He had a note about someone resurrecting the program in
something more than old Basic, so...

                      http://rgtrivia.bss.ab.ca

was born after a couple evenings' work, and some corrections by Russell.
There is the original database of 100 questions, and could be extended
pretty infinitely. You can do a test on 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 questions,
have them marked (with correct answers shown after) and save your score
for people to see.

Now that there's a database, we could extend the quiz beyond the original
100 questions. I can provide login access to add to the database to a
couple or three people that wanted to take some time to make a decent
project of it. I don't want to do more than maintain the operating parts,
which is good, because I'm sure there are a few of you out there that know
way more than I ever will.

This is the old place I'm going to advertise, so that I don't get whumped
with traffic. Feel free to tell someone from another List if you want.

Enjoy.

--

=              J e r o m e   Y u z y k | jerome@supernet.ab.ca
=    Sunbeam Alpine Series II #9118636 | www.bss.ab.ca/sunbeam