Re: think you know Rootes?

To: Alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: think you know Rootes?
From: Jerome Yuzyk <jerome@supernet.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:47:55 -0700
Good to see some interest in this doodad. There has been some traffic over
the last few days, though not everyone is fearless enough to post their
score. And 2 (this one and another) disputed questions so far. Out of 100
questions compiled 15 years ago that's not bad!

Just this moment I've pulled Russell's name from the Top 5 stats to be
fair. One would hope the originator of the whole concept would score
highest. This leaves Jarrid on top of the heap with 15/20 = 75%. He found
one question with a disputable answer, an issue of spelling, and after a
little Googling it appears both he and Russell are correct, so the
database and his score have been adjusted.

There is a mechanism now so that disputes and questions can reach me, but
you have to take the test to get to it so that I can avoid SPAMbots
harvesting my address.

It's also harder to cheat now, though no one has tried as far as I can
tell, or they haven't done it very well. ;-)

I could use a good Rootes Group logo, something that can scale down to
about 50x50 pixels. Contributions welcomed.

--

=              J e r o m e   Y u z y k | jerome@supernet.ab.ca
=    Sunbeam Alpine Series II #9118636 | www.bss.ab.ca/sunbeam