Re: Weber Carbs

To: The Lees <jsrlee@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Weber Carbs
From: jumpinjan <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 18:07:10 -0800
Ryan,
        If your 1725 was locked up solid, then you probably have some spunned
rod bearings. When a customer brings me an engine like that, there's
usually damage to the rods and they need to be replace as well as to
reground crankshaft bearings. Depending how much wear, you will probably
need pistons, reground camshaft, oil pump, etc., etc. You will probably
be spending about $1500 in parts and machining costs (not to mention
paying someone to do the disassembly/reassembly). I just want to prepare
you before you see the bill.
For the intake, just buy a series IV manifold (twin-choke, downdraft)
and buy a new Weber carb & air cleaner from Rick at S/S. Ian and I have
the weber throttle linkage and I think they are $50.
Good Luck,
jan