Re: Tyre size

To: ALF1725@aol.com, yvrcanada@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Tyre size
From: JACranwell@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 04:50:17 EST
I would have thought that there is a significant performance downside with
the wider tyres. 185 seems pretty fat for a car that started life with 155's.
I'd welcome thoughts on whether the rims are wide enough for 175/185 tyres.

I'm running my SIII with Michelin ZX 155 front, and 165 rear, and find the
road holding exceptional. It certainly beats the pants off the MGB's and
Triumphs I've owned.

OK, I get a bit of tyre squeal when pushing hard round corners, but I kind of
like that.

Julian.