Re: Ford Contour wheels on the Alpine

To: "John, Sandra & Ryan Lee" <jsrlee@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Ford Contour wheels on the Alpine
From: hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:34:49 +1000
You could try 14 x 6 wheels from early Porsche 924 (and some early Audi
models).  I know someone either on the Alpine or Tiger list has run them for
some years.  There is a set on Ebay right now for $US100.

Superlite make 13 x 5.5 and 14 inch in several widths, however you will need
to get the correct offset as there is more than one in the 14 inch size.
Paul Heuer on the list can advise you about that, he is running 14ins on his
S3.  I have just fitted 13 x 5.5 to my S3 with no problems although at the
front they are close to being outside the 'guard (fender) line.  Mine cost
$A200 each, you'd have to find a local distributor for a price.

cheers, Vic