Re: [Re: Ford Contour wheels on the Alpine]

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Re: Ford Contour wheels on the Alpine]
From: Keith Johnson <keiths55@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:51:08 +1000
For the benefit of Australian listers,

The use of spacers is not allowed, under our light vehicle modification
laws.
Australian model wheels from Ford Cortina  (2000cc model) and Alfa 1750/2000
will fit nicely.
Beau  will sell you a set of brand new "steelies" in black with your
specified stud pattern, offset and rim width.  Used to cost about $70 /
wheel.
You can measure the offset of your wheels easy enough. Often to put a wider
rim you need to widen inwards or outwards to suit. This will change the
offset. Measure from the wheel mounting face to the inner bead and to the
outer bead. if equal you have zero offset,  more inwards negative offset and
more outer positive offset.  The difference in inches =  offset.

Keith
55 Californian
57 Rapier