door parts

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: door parts
From: "Chuck Nicodemus" <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:21:48 -0700
I was just purusing the other listers and noticed someone wanted the small "L"
shaped bakelite fitting on the panel. Ser 2 and others. A semi skilled person
such as my self was able to make one out of wood,,yes the termites chased me
for blocks. What I did was
1) found a piece of walnut ( you can use any HARD wood)
2) cut out the general shape
3) grind and sand to shape.
4) fit well with holes for screws or very good adhesive
5) after fitting and "guessing that looks good" Paint balck to match
surounding area.

Total cost  " zilch, nada, nuttin dudes and dang fun sharpening your skills
doing the one thing that does'nt involve grease.
Good luck kids
Chuck

Check out the new British Cars Forum: