Re: Zenth Carbs

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, "MICHAEL JONES" <jonesmp@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Zenth Carbs
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 19:36:33 -0500
Michael:

I just went through a bit of a rough time with my Zeniths on my Series I
vintage racer.  They were doing much the same thing that you
described..."slobbering fuel."  In the case of my carbs, they were not
getting a good pump shot down the barrels, but rather just dribbling into
the barrels under a depressed accelerator pedal.  What it turned out to be
was the squirter units that squirted the fuel into the barrels had vibrated
loose, allowing fuel to bleed out from under the squirter.  Naturally, the
car won't run worth a darn like that.  Just make sure when you put them all
back together that you tighten those squirters down well.

Take care,
Andy Walker
B9006857LRX

Check out the new British Cars Forum: