autox-cm

RE: Gearing, again

To: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: Gearing, again
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:57:41 -0400
At 08:50 PM 7/22/2003 -0400, Dick Rasmussen wrote:

>Never broke a gear so can't help <grin>.
>
>Broke a half shaft once (right after getting them magnafluxed for the
>first time ever) but that was because the shaft got a shock load thanks to
>a pavement hole in the middle of a hard launch.

Forgot to add . . .

I always use the clutch, up and down, (another lack of skill thing just
like the gearing to minimize shifting). I've used a Tilton clutch for
roughly five years. I almost always "slip the tires" rather than slip the
clutch on launch.

Maybe when I get back to driving my car I better replace some gears first!!!

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF