autox-cm

Re: Member input requested

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Member input requested
From: Steve <huronmountain@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 09:05:17 -0800 (PST)
Here is a 'what if' scenario using for example someone
who is a competitive driver in the class but not a top
driver, in other words someone who consistently
trophies at Nationals  but hasn't ever won.  Say this
proposal goes through and they go out and buy the 2
liter and the wider wheels and put them on their car
along with the extra weight and they start winning
(which any of us could do if this proposal went
through if I am reading it right).  What then?  In my
opinion you have everyone looking at having to buy the
engine and tires  and convert their cars.  They now
won't be road race legal FF1600's anymore and they
won't really be FF2000's either, and you have created
a class of 'autocross specials'.  I don't think the
benefits of this proposal outweigh that potential
risk.

Steve Elzinga
#55 CM