CSP 2nd Gen. CRX info?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: CSP 2nd Gen. CRX info?
From: "Kearney, Thomas" <Thomas.Kearney@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:09:38 -0500
Hi All,

I've been lurking for a while and have learned much from all.  Finally I
have some questions  that hopefully can point me in the right direction.

A quick overview:

Gearing up for my second season of solo2.  Last year I ran a 95 Integra GSR
in CSP with the only mods being Tokico Illuminas and a mild "street" spring
(also Tokicos).  I ran on really old, used Yoko RSII's the whole season.
Anyway, I purchased a 1989 CRX Si this winter and I plan on making it a
"full" CSP car from the start.  I'd relish ANY pointers, dos/don'ts,
suspension choices (springs/shocks), wheel sizing (especially any economical
alternatives to Keisers), header/exhaust choices, intake choices, alignment
specs, etc., etc., etc.

It seems the top guys (and gals) run Hoosiers but I've heard they are easy
to flat spot.  Will BFG R1's be a better choice for a relative newbie,
especially going from a car with ABS to a much lighter car sans ABS?
(That's my thinking anyway...)

The main objective is to keep costs down by doing it right the first time
(what a concept huh?).  The coilover route is probably already written off
due to the prices I've seen so far but really that's the only conclusion
I've made about car setup.

I could go on and on but I won't bore EVERYONE on the list.  Any and all
info would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. -  I'm on digest mode so direct email would be nice (but not
necessary).

Tom Kearney
Finger Lakes Region
CSP 1995 Acura Integra GSR (sorta)