Re: Honda S2000 (not the same old thread)

To: "Auto-X List" <autox@autox.team.net>, "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Subject: Re: Honda S2000 (not the same old thread)
From: "Brian Goodwin" <briang@adnc.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 19:19:38 -0800
>>Has anyone on this list plunked down some hard cash for a deposit on an
>>S2000 Honda?  If so, your secret is safe with me.  I'm just interested in
>>hearing the terms that your dealers might be demanding.  Please email me
>>privately.
>>
>>My local Honda guy wants $1,000 (non-refundable, but transferable) with no
>>guarantee how much (or little) they will mark it up come August or October
>>or whenever they come in.
>>
>>How does that compare?
>

>Sounds like a good excuse to wait and grab a low-mileage used one from
>someone who paid too much and found that drop-tops muss their hair.

Yep, plenty of slightly used Boxsters for sale now.   Talked with a fellow
selling his Boxster because "it did not ride well."  When I asked him what
he had before the answer was a Mercedes 300D.  No doubt a bunch of folks who
really don't want what an s2000 will buy one and then sell it six months
later when the hype dies down.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing Supply
http://www.good-win-racing.com