Re: removeable Rearview

To: "Jeffrey Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: removeable Rearview
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 23:44:31 -0600
>Yea laugh if you want to but after 2 years of owning my Z3 when
>installing the in car cam for McCamey I noticed Hey my Rearview mirror
>has a release latch, It is designed to be removed and put back on with a
>click, So I know I am not allowed to remove any parts off a stock car
>that are held on with screw fasteners, But I thought it was legal to
>remove things that were designed to be readaly removed. eg.  fastened
>Floor mats, T tops, etc etc,  I know this is silly but is this weenie
>protest bait? to remove the mirror?

Check your owners manual.  Does it say you can drive the car without the
mirror?  This is akin to removable seats and roof racks.  If the owner's
manual says you can remove it and drive it that way on the road, then you
can drive it that way in an autocross.

If you can't come up with paper from the manufacturer telling you how to
remove the mirror and drive the car without it, then you must leave it on.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/