Re: SP rules on catalytic converters

To: <richj50@bit-net.com>, "Perry Kincy" <kincy@ccnet.com>
Subject: Re: SP rules on catalytic converters
From: "Steve Hoult" <stevehoult@home.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:38:40 -0600
>But the issue really isn't whether the people winning have street driven
>cars.  It's probably true that most of the nationally competitive cars are
>weekend drivers at best.  What I think about are the thousands of daily
>driven SP cars that are NOT nationally competitive, but are street-illegal
>and poluters nonetheless.

I've had my street driven SP car for two years now. Each time I take it to
get the emmissions tested the people running the test are amazed at how low
the emmissions are. The first year they actually made me re-run it because
they thought their equipment had failed (it hadn't).

The reason I mention this is becasue this week I finally had to replace all
of my exhaust system. When I pulled the cat down, low and behold, the PO had
gutted it. The exhaust system has now been replaced, but I don't see how
that will help with lower pollution since it was almost unmeasurable before.

Steve Hoult  '89 MR2 SC ASP9     Flat Duck Racing
Join the MR2 SC mail list at http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/mr2sc
MR2 Supercharged Registry at http://www.mr2sc.com
Got Boost?