Re: autox chat room

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: autox chat room
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 09:39:37 -0400
To John:

>You could also use AOL Instant Messenger, which now comes bundled with
>Netscape Communicator!  8<{)

AIM is cool - I'm YuleCat320 if anyone cares.  But does AIM support multiple
people in the same chat room?  I've never done it.

To Phil:

>And I can't imagine anything more useless.  The beauty of the autox list is
>that it allows for time-shifting and the selection of the autocross threads
>which interest each person.  A chat room chains you into one discussion and
>one time frame.  It has all the charm and usability of CB radio.

Personally, I enjoy both online chats and mail lists.  That whole real time
factor is kind of cool - you can actually talk with someone instead of
writing letters to them.  I like interactive.  It's not better or worse than
a list - just something else to do.

>It has all the charm and usability of CB radio.

    - Justin
      '83 BMW 320i ST
      Amateur radio callsign KA1ULT :)