RE: Left foot braking

To: Engstrom <engstrom@onramp.net>,
Subject: RE: Left foot braking
From: Engstrom <engstrom@onramp.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 17:49:52 -0500
Justin, I wasn't talking about using LFB in a sweeper to steer - I was
talking about using it to control speed a little more precisely than with
the throttle.  Slight lifts and slight acceleration in my car causes the
car to get upset - I have a lot of torque and a lot of engine braking at
anything over 2500 RPM.  I was talking about using LFB to hold myself
at 10/10th around a turn.  The LFB doesn't upset the car.  Now, I'm
sure that it's better to just hold the right speed without having to brake/
accelerate, but I don't have enough experience to do that yet and if
LFB can teach me to maintain 10/10th faster, then I'll use it as a crutch
for a while.

As for slaloms, I wasn't talking about steering with throttle during slaloms,
I was talking about using the accelerator to make up for the speed you
scrub off turning the car and using the brake to keep the car settled from
the use of throttle.

John "No, not that one" Engstrom