Re: Is ballast legal in stock?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is ballast legal in stock?
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:13:20 EDT
Eric Linhoff writes:

>  Well, nothing that I can find in the rule book *requires* you to remove
>  your spare tire from the trunk/hatch area.  And nothing says that it has
>  to be filled with air.  It could be filled with lead as I read the rule
>  book.

You may certainly leave the spare and jack in, as long as they are firmly
attached to the car.  Where do you read that you can fill the spare with
anything other than air?  Air is the only thing I've ever seen spare tires
filled with at the factory, and if it doesn't say you can use something else
in the rules, then you can't.

John Ames had several runs disqualified at The Nationals once for using a
full sized spare in his FS Mustang.

The rules do, however allow one trailer hitch...

CHD