Re: best places to autox?

To: randyc2@home.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: best places to autox?
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:49:51 +0100
> Seattle. More opportunity to practice in the wet, and they are infested
> with Starbucks. The friendliest autocrossers live here. Season is
> shorter.

My last autocross last year was late October and first this year was
Mid-February, which was actually good to give time to make
changes to cars (or to do other things besides autocross<s>). But
even with the shorter season, I wouldn't be surprised to learn there
are as many days of autocrossing here as there are in the Bay
Area.

At the Kent, WA location, there are 14 events for points, plus 4 days
of National Tour/Pro Solo. Add another 2 events in Everett (1/2 hour
north of Seattle), and 8-9 in Bremerton (hour west of Seattle), plus 3-
5 practices in Kent, 4-8 days of schools in Kent and Bermerton, if
you work for Boeing - another 3-6 practices in Kent, and if you
drive a Porsche - another 6-8 events in Bremerton...

well you can see why Glen Herndandez can do 50 days a year.<s>

And I didn't even mention the 15-20 events in Bellingham, Portland
and Bounday Bay, B.C. that are 90-180 minutes away.

We have quite a bit of overlap with all these events, but I did hear a
story of some guys that did in one day...an autocross in BC in the
morning, Kent in the middle of the day and Portland at the end of the
day.
Jeff Winchell
http://PonyCar.Net