RE: best places to autox?

To: "'Mari L. Clements'" <mlc4@psu.edu>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: best places to autox?
From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:29:12 -0400
Well if it wasn't for winter I'd say Lancaster PA.

1) 35 minutes to Harrisburg - 10 events /year
2) 2 hours to Central PA region 8 events per year
3) 2 hours to Nazareth and Camden about 12 events per year
4) 2 hours to Frederick and Ft Meade (Metro Washington Council )
5) 2.5 hours to Gloucester NJ ( Brandywine ) about 7 events
6) 2.5 hours to Englishtown NJ ( NNJR) about 8 events
7) 30 minutes from Morgantown ( Blue Mountain Region )

And if you are hopelessly hooked run down to Tidewater region for the winter
4 series - 5 hours away

Regards,
Alan

On Monday, June 21, 1999 12:57 PM, Mari L. Clements [SMTP:mlc4@psu.edu]
wrote:
> Where's the best place in the country (sorry Dennis, I am talking US here)
> to live for autocrossing?  Make the case for your region or your favorite
> region.
>
> For instance, if I were arguing for Central Pennsylvania Region, I'd say
> something like "The local series is 8 races split between one terrific and
> one o.k. site.  Within an easy drive (~90 minutes) is the Susquehanna
> Region, which adds an additional 10 race local series, a Pro, and (this
> year) a Divisional.  With a somewhat longer drive (~2 1/2 hours) is
> Pittsburgh where both Steel Cities and North Hills clubs are located.
Sure,