Re: Wheel spacers and torque

To: TeamZ3@aol.com, ronbauer@aa.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel spacers and torque
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 12:53:27 -0700 (PDT)
Hmm...I get the general idea, but are you sure the
thing to do isn't to place the lug at 12:00 with the
wrench horizontal?  My reasoning is:  You're using the
wheel hub as a fulcrum to tighten the lug, so I'd
think you would want to apply your effort parallel to
the line through the lug and hub.

Anyway, I'll find the answer by experiment this
weekend.  Your method or something like it sounds like
the most accurate way to torque lugs, unless you could
support exactly the weight of the wheel and thereby
get no binding at all on the lug nuts.

Craig B.