Re: 'Vette Stock

To: BurnsJB1@central.ssd.jhuapl.edu, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 'Vette Stock
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 16:06:06 EDT
In a message dated 10/2/99 2:25:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
BurnsJB1@central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu writes:

<< > I figure my expenses to go from Stock to full-tilt SP in the Z3 coupe
 > would
 > would exceed $15,000 for vehicle modifications alone.
 >
 > Mark Sipe

 Yeah, but that's a BMW.  If you want .040-over pistons, you probably have to
 order them from Germany and spend a fortune.  Chevy parts shouldn't be
 nearly as bad. >>

That didn't include opening up the engine.  I think you'll find the cost of
aftermarket parts between the two cars to be in the same general ballpark,
with the Vette coming in only slightly cheaper; I was heavily involved with
American musclecars before my transition into autocross steered me away.
Regardless, the bottom line is that the *same* vehicle built to the SP rules
will cost significantly more to prepare than in Stock.

MAS